Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pink Floyd - Animals (1977)

I have been ensconced to my bed for the past 48 hours.
Bad case of tonsillitis in a city scared to hell with a possible outbreak of Swine Flu, calls for tough measures. In my case it was an euphemistic house arrest.

The last time I was this irritated was when I was in 3rd grade and was quarantined at home for 3 whole days!

Three whole days of no 'hide-n-seek', 3 whole days of not getting a chance to tease Roh to a near certain death (one head strong fella that guy...he is still alive), 3 whole days of fresh air in the pre-Beyblade era.

And today, a part of me was happy that I could legitimately skip work, but a bigger part of me is ruing not being able to go out in the evening. arrgh!

Only they could see it coming. I wouldn't have expected anyone else to have that great a foresight. A metaphor for something impossible, it has translated today into windfall gains for the N-95 mask makers and the manufacturers of Hand Sanitizer.

Pigs on the wings (Part One) (Waters) 1:24

"If you didn't care what happened to me,
And I didn't care for you,
We would zig zag our way through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain.
Wondering which of the buggars to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing.
"

They knew it was coming!!

My only worry is that the next song on the album is "Dogs".

1 comment:

Darshika said...

This is the first I am reading your blog, must say its very neat! It was only last week that I heard this song of Floyd( loved it!) and yes, it is very much relatable!!Good job and yes, get well soon!